We'll Do The Heavy Lifting
Mainframe Cloud Hosting
And Archival Processing Services
We provide comprehensive cloud hosting and workload processing services to supplement or to replace in-house computing. When you want to offload mainframe computing as an independent activity or in conjunction with migration to a new platform, you can count on us to give you a full range of choices and options.
We provide archiving support that lets you retire a mainframe but bring it back to its former state. This service is aimed at situations in which you need access to a complete replica of your retired legacy system to produce reports, to satisfy the requirements of various authorities for historical record retention and historical reporting, or to audit or review past organizational activities. We also offer warm site disaster recovery, the most economic solution for users who do not need a live hot site recovery option. Our archiving and DR plans include scheduled testing time tailored to your specefic requirements and our DR service includes a block of no-cost declaration and emergency production time.
We can provide:
- Complete cloud remote hosting environments. When you use our services for production, for applications development (possibly in a minority systems software environment), or for both, you can count on high uptime, excellent value and better control of your software budget and operations costs. We offer options across the full range of IBM systems software products, from VSE and z/VM up to the richest z/OS stacks.
- Remote supplemental processing. You keep your network, your storage, even your own mainframe, while we provide the extra processing for a particular application or particular suite of operations. We will provide the very same environment you now use, whether you wish to maintain a replica of your own setting or decide you no longer wish to support a particular operating system at your own site.
- Archiving Services with Periodic Testing. When you retire a mainframe system, you can't just walk away from it. You have to address data retention issues, and face the possibility that at some time in the future you will be required to produce your old data, run old reports, and otherwise demonstrate that your care of personnel and financial records fully complies with the requirements of various laws. We can set up a replicate of your mainframe before you retire it and then preserve the entire system and all its data in a state that allows you to revive the old system and use it as if you never unplugged it. We will help you test this archival system from time to time so you can say with assurance that you are fully in compliance with mandated specifications.
- Platform transition. When your software migration plans require you to bring in a new hardware platform, we can host your full workload under the new environments on an interim basis as you determine precisely the power and configuration you need for future operations . . . whether you ultimately choose to outsource mainframe capacity to our cloud or to bring in new hardware and return to full inhouse production.
- Legacy continuity services. If your plans call for the preservation of particular legacy workloads that have become a smaller but no less vital part of your operations and your in-house hardware options are limited by the very large engine sizes of available systems, we can help you obtain just the amount of hosting you need for those irreplaceable jobs. Our cloud hosting technology and its team of support experts allow you to have your own private virtual system with precisely the equipment capacity and software you require.
- Tape Library Modernization and Archiving. Our GreenTape virtual tape appliance is a modern replacement for legacy tape. To your mainframe, GreenTape looks like an IBM tape subsystem, but it is really a much faster alternative that includes a dedicate server and disk array. To make your transition from physical tape to GreenTape easier, Reliable offers an economical media conversion service, building images of 3480, 3490 or 3590 cartridges for just a few dollars per tape. We also understand the need for backup of your backup. In most cases we will set up (and help you administer) replication on a standard USB-attached hard drive, the most economical way to store up to 2 TB of tape images in a single removable device. If your capacity needs are greater than 2 TB or you want extra redundancy, our tap specialists will configure the GreenTape system to provide precisely the level of capacity and replication you need.
We view computer services as an integrated part of our range of offerings, which include not only hosting but hardware. Our solutions can include services as well as systems for your site. The equipment we offer ranges from the very smallest processors to enterprise class mainframes — plus IBM systems software, middleware, and maintenance. We want to help you examine all the alternatives available
For some companies the best thing about Reliable is that we allow you to evolve any way that suits you. If you want to move some work to our systems and replace a large, aging mainframe with a newer and more compact model, we can deliver the whole package. If you later decide to upgrade your mainframe and bring the outsourced work back inside, that's fine with us, too. And if you determine that you want to minimize the effort you put into operations and concentrate on the applications and support your company needs, we are perfectly happy to help you make that happen just the way you want.
Reliable has the right stuff: the right capabilities, ample capacity, a full range of equipment and the positive attitude it takes to let you mix and match. Just get in touch and we can help you review your technical and economic alternatives.
1627 Colonial Parkway
Inverness, IL 60067
Phone 800 323-6618 or 847 705-0700
Fax 847 705-0861